We all have grown up being told to eat carrots, so we can have an excellent eye-sight. Especially me, since I was wearing these glasses since an age when it was not even in double digits and sporting those extra pairs of eyes was not so common. Even though I enjoyed eating carrot but the perception which was created in my mind, that it is consumed for my health and not for the taste led to me consuming less of it strangely. However, there was something I loved about carrots – Gajar ka Halwa. I have found very few souls who would dislike a hot Gajar ka Halwa which would just melt in your mouth. However, cooking is a tiresome process. So, we go with the next best thing made out of carrots – A carrot cake. Carrot cake is easy and not cumbersome to prepare. Just some simple steps and you can enjoy the sweet desserts which is a decent replacement for our Gajar ka halwa.
The Ingredients To Prepare Carrot Cake For 6-7 Servings Are:
- 400 grams all-purpose flour
- 200 grams butter
- 3 eggs
- 300 grams of shredded carrot
- 200 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Half teaspoon salts
- 100 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Almonds (Optional)
- Wet ingredients (melted butter, egg, and sugar)
- Dry ingredients (All-purpose flour, baking powder,
Once The Ingredients Are Ready Then Follow The Directions B
- First, we prepare a mix of wet ingredients which is made of melted butter, egg and sugar. We take all these three ingredients in a bowl, beat it to an extent when it becomes like a foam which will stick to the bowl even if we hold in upside down.
- We also keep the dry ingredients ready which is made of all-purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda. We sift the ingredients into a bowl so what remains in the bowl are the finer particles.
- Once both the wet and dry ingredients are ready, beat them into a smooth paste. Add milk to the batter to get a smooth texture and receive a rich flavor to our cake.
- Now add the shredded carrot to the smooth paste and again start beating it, till it becomes a smooth paste.
- Now it’s time to bake the cake, but before baking, we have to pour our batter into a mold.
- The mold needs to be prepared with grease and dust. We use butter as grease and flour as dust in a mold which can be any container (Metal container for pressure cooker and microwave safe for the oven). This is done so that the cake does not stick to the mold once it is baked.
- Once, the mold is prepared and the batter is added to the mold we bake our cake.
- You can use
microwaveoven to bake the cake. First pre heatthe oven to 350 Degree
- Once you reach the desired temperature, bake the cake for 35-40 mins. Check whether your cake is ready or not. To do that you can take a toothpick or a small thin stick, insert the toothpick in the center of the cake and take it out. If the stick comes clean then your cake is ready or if there is some batter stuck to the cake then keep it for a little while more.
- Once your cake is baked, don’t rush to eat it but wait for the cake to cool down.
Now that your cake has cooled down, add some frosting of whipped cream or cream cheese to give is a good spin and enjoy your carrot cake.