Hummus is a middle eastern and a Mediterranean cuisine which can be used as a dip or a spread for you to consume. Prepared from simple but nutrition ingredient, this is a perfect dish for someone who would want to eat something healthy and yet tasty. Some may say it’s ironic, but true in this case. It is a source of dietary fiber, B vitamins, proteins to name a few. So, without wasting much time, let’s see how we can prepare Hummus.
The Ingredient To Prepare Hummus For 6-7 Servings Are:
- 300 grams chickpeas
- 100 grams White sesame seeds
- 25 small sized garlic cloves
- 100 ml olive oil
- Half lemon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt as per taste
Once All The Ingredients Are Ready, Then Follow The Directions Mentioned Below:
- Chickpeas need to be cooked and kept ready.
- Also, Tahini needs to be prepared
- First roast the sesame seeds until it becomes light brown and you get a nutty aroma from it.
- Now, add oil to it and grind it till it becomes a smooth paste.
- Once Tahini is prepared; In a blender add chickpeas, garlic, salt, pepper, lime juice and blend it by adding water in stages to get the consistency as per your liking. The more water you add, the smoother your hummus becomes.
- Once you prepare this paste, add Tahini which was prepared earlier in the blender.
- Now mix it properly and your hummus is ready. If you want to make your hummus fluffy, you need to beat it. However, you can only beat your hummus if its consistency is a little think and not runny.
- Enjoy your Hummus now in the way you want to.
There are a number of ways you can eat Hummus depending on your mood and your liking.
Some Of The Ways To Consume Hummus Are:
- As a spread for sandwiches and roll.
- As a dip with:
- Pita bread
- Veggies such as carrot, cucumber, onions, capsicum
- Nachos, chips, crackers
- Grilled chicken, hard boiled eggs
- Falafel, and so on