Do you have a sweet tooth and would want to prepare something for yourself? There is good for news for all those who have the desire to venture into cooking something sweet for themselves – The Banana Cake. It is the perfect start for your journey into cooking desserts.
The Banana Cake is a simple cake made with banana as the primary ingredient. It can be given different flavour using ingredients such as walnuts, choco-chips and is a simple but flavourful cake for those who love bananas.
Before You Start Preparing The Banana Cake You Should Have The Following Ingredients Ready To Prepare A Cake Of 9cm Radius:
- 3 Bananas
- 100-grams butter
- 300 grams all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 3 eggs
- 250 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla (Optional)
- Handful of walnut (Optional)
- Handful of Choco chips (Optional)
- Dry ingredients (all-purpose flour and baking powder)
- Wet ingredients (Butter, sugar, and egg)
Once Your Ingredients Are Ready Then Follow The Directions As Below:
- First beat all the wet ingredients which are butter, sugar, and egg till they become fluffy.
- Then mash the bananas, till it becomes smooth pulp.
- Now take a new bowl and thoroughly mix the dry ingredients which are flour and baking soda.
- Add the banana pulp to the wet mixture we have created and mix it properly.
- Now, it’s time to add the dry ingredients in stages to the wet mixture which we have created and mix it with the beater until it becomes a smooth batter. Also, add milk between the stages.
- We add dry ingredients in stages because otherwise, it becomes very difficult to mix it properly. If we include the entire quantity of the dry ingredient in one go, it creates lumps in the batter and will not have a very smooth consistency. In order to avoid this, we first add a small quantity of flour to the batter and mix it using the beater and subsequently keep on adding the dry ingredient till you finish the quantity you have at hand. If you are not sure, you can divide dry ingredient into three equal parts and keep adding each part and mix it thoroughly before adding the next part.
- Now it’s time to bake the cake, but before baking, we have to pour our batter into a mold.
- The mold needs to be prepared with grease and dust. We use butter as grease and flour as dust in a mold which can be any container (Metal container for pressure cooker and microwave safe for the oven). This is done so that the cake does not stick to the mold once it is baked.
- Once, the mold is prepared and the batter is added to the mold we bake our cake.
- You can use a pressure cooker to bake the cake. First, add beach-sand or salt to the base of the cooker and then keep the mold container on top of the salt or sand. Close it with the lid but remove the pressure valve because we are baking the cake.
- Bake the cake for around one hour. Check whether your cake is ready or not. To do that you can take a toothpick or a small thin stick, insert the toothpick in the center of the cake and take it out. If the stick comes clean then your cake is ready or if there is some batter stuck to the cake then keep it for a little while more.
- Once your cake is baked, don’t rush to eat it but wait for the cake to cool down.
Now that the cake is ready, you can sit back, turn your TV on and enjoy your delicious, soft and moist Banana Cake